This page's information is current as of 10:21 am EST, Tuesday, April 02, 2019.
- March 30, 2019 (Saturday): Ermenrich and Kasha announce their intent to step down as Cynnabar’s Baron and Baroness.
- June 1, 2019 (Saturday): Letters of Intent from Baronial Candidates are due to Baronial Seneschal (Master Derian le Breton).
- Summer 2019 (dates TBA by Baronial Seneschal): Public Question & Answer Sessions are held for members of the populace to learn about Baronial Candidates.
- Summer 2019 (dates TBA by Baronial Seneschal and Kingdom Baronial Transitions Deputy): Members and friends of Cynnabar fill out a poll about the candidates to advise Their Majesties in Their decision.
- Late Summer/Early Fall 2019 (date TBD by Their Majesties): Their Majesties announce who will be the next Baroness(es)/Baron(s) of Cynnabar.
- Fall 2019 (date TBD by Their Majesties): Investiture ceremony of the fifth set of Baroness(es)/Baron(s) of Cynnabar.
- November 15, 2019 (Friday): Five-year mark from Baron Ermenrich and Baroness Kasha’s investiture.
Thank you for taking an interest in this process! Your active participation is very important. Their Majesties will need your guidance when selecting Cynnabar’s next Baroness(es)/Baron(s), and all of the potential candidates will need your understanding and support.
Here’s what you can do to help the process run smoothly:
- Update your SCA membership with your current address.
- Learn about the candidates and think carefully about their strengths and weaknesses.
- Letters of intent will be posted on this page after they are submitted.
- Please come to as many of the public Question & Answer sessions as you can (dates, times, and locations TBA by the Baronial Seneschal).
- Fill out the poll correctly before the deadline. Links to polls will be posted on this page when they are open.
What is the poll? The poll lists each set of candidates and asks you to rank them on a scale of 1-5, based on how well you feel each candidate would represent the Crown and the Barony. You will not be asked to directly compare candidates or “vote” for one set over others. Their Majesties will select the next Baroness(es)/Baron(s) using the information gathered in the poll. According to SCA and Midrealm law, the Crown’s choice “must not be substantially opposed by the populace of the barony.”
Who can fill out a poll? If you participate in Cynnabar activities, we consider you a member of Cynnabar and encourage you to fill out a poll, regardless of whether you are a paid member and no matter where you live. However, there are separate polls for paid SCA members who live within Cynnabar's ZIP codes and for everyone else. These polls are tallied separately. It is especially important for you to fill out a poll if you are a paid member within the Barony's ZIP codes, since the results may be rejected if not enough member polls are returned.
Do I live in Cynnabar? Cynnabar’s ZIP codes include: 48103-48111, 48113, 48115, 48118, 48130-48131, 48144, 48458-48160, 48167-48168, 48170, 48175-48176, 48187-48191, 48197-48198, 48374-48375, 49267, 49270. You can also search your ZIP code using the Midrealm ZIP code search function. To do so, go to the Midrealm Services Portal. In the sidebar, select the down arrow next to "Groups"; then select "Find a group by ZIP".
How do I fill out the poll? There will be two Google poll links that will be published. The Baronial seneschal will announce where to find these links through meetings, social media, mailing lists, and group websites. IMPORTANT: The poll will not be mailed to you! A polling period will be announced, and you must complete the poll during that time. It is very important that you use the correct poll (Member vs. Non-Member) and that you follow all directions. If your poll contains incorrect information -- or if you fill out the poll more than once -- your poll will be invalid.
Thank you for thinking seriously about serving the Barony as Baroness or Baron. If you are considering volunteering for this position, please do the following:
- Attend the informational meeting hosted by Their Excellences on April 20 at 10:00 am. Please inform Baroness Kasha by Sunday, April 14 if you are planning to come, or if you would like to come but cannot make it.
- Read the information in the Information for Potential Candidates document.
- Watch and listen for more instructions from the Baronial Seneschal. Information will be forthcoming about letters of intent, public Question & Answer sessions, and other important tasks and deadlines.
If you would like more information about the Baronial Transition process, please contact Cynnabar's Seneschal, Master Derian le Breton (modernly known as Brian Ferguson).